Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday evening. Sitting here and I thought I would write an update. I am finishing 2 months of working full time at the hospital. Someone was out on medical leave and my boss asked if I could step in for the short term.

Things worked out mostly well. The girls and Carl stepped up the responsibilities and I had to let some things go. I learned alot about appreciating what you have. I learned the difficulty of working full time and managing a home. I learned that my body doesn't like getting up at 3:30am to go to work. I learned that I have been blessed to be a "mostly" stay at home mom for my children.

I decided to have Hannah plan the week's meals and I would help her cook. That has actually been alot of fun. Sarah's week is coming up and I even told Carl that he gets a week of cooking meals as well.

I planned on taking beautiful family pictures at the local tulip festival but it rained both weekends. Now I am at a loss for Mother's day presents. I have to think.

That's about it for now. We are making plans to landscape the backyard this summer and we are starting to formulate some plans. Wish us luck.

Kirsten

1 comment:

fawndear said...

Wow - I didn't know you had been working full time. Hats off. How much longer is it going to last?
I'm a bit envious of the basement remodel - looks great and I'm sure you'll do a stunning job on the backyard as well. Just post some pictures so we can all enjoy.